At least once a week, I send Genki Husband off to his work early in the morning with a little homemade treats for him and his colleagues to enjoy. It is a little bit of my appreciation to them for taking care of my husband while he is at work (since let’s face it, we are at work more than at home right?) and since they work long hours. It’s also a way I can make sure Genki Husband is getting enough calories in throughout the day because he will pick up a cupcake before he will be able to sit down for a full meal on the job. He’s a bit of a workaholic but when he doesn’t have a food source things can get ugly. So this week I made these pumpkin pie cinnamon rolls in the shape of cupcakes for ease of eating on the job. These would be great for parties or brunches too!
What you will need… YEP, EVERYTHING IS 100% VEGAN! A VIEW OF THE SIDE, NO SPILLAGE. THE BOTTOM OF THE CUPCAKE. SEE NO PROBLEMS. NO STICKY HANDS.
Before the frosting was added.
Finished product. place the frosting in a small bag and cut a small triangle from the corner. Then squeeze the bag so you make this design on top. Super easy!!!
Pumpkin Pie Cinnamon Roll Cupcakes
2 cans vegan approved crescent roll packages (Pillsbury is vegan!)
4 tbsp vegan butter, melted (or I used Zoye But-R-Lite) (You can 1/2 if lower-fat is your preference)
½ cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
¼ cup packed light brown sugar (or any sugar)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
¼ tsp cardamom, ground
¼ tsp ginger, ground
1 container store-bought vegan approved cream cheese frosting or homemade
*Note: You can add ¼ tsp nutmeg, ground in yours but I am allergic so it is missing from this recipe for a reason.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line muffin pan with liners or spray liberally with oil.
- Separate dough into 16 pieces. Just pull apart and unroll.
- Mix the spices, brown sugar and vegan butter together in a small bowl.
- Mix the spice mixture with the pumpkin puree.
- Spread the pumpkin spice mixture evenly on each piece.
- Roll each triangle up loosely.
- Roll the bottom of each loosely rolled cupcake to assure there is no spillage.
- Place in muffin tins, tucked in side down, open side up.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Optional: These taste great without anything but frosting adds a nice sweet touch to these cupcakes. Sprinkle with some holiday sprinkles and you have a festive treat for all ages!