It’s getting cooler here in Indiana, USA and that means one thing, baking has started in my kitchen. Thankfully my need for baking during the cooler days is backed up by a sweet-tooth husband and four neighbors that are ever eager to test just about anything. These five people are my blessings so I can continue to bake and enjoy spoiling the ones I love with homemade goodies. What would I do without these people in my life? Well, I’d probably have a very fat pooch and cat on my hands. Kidding aside, this last week I wanted to make a recipe consisting of healthy ingredients but still the sweet taste of chocolate chips. It’s a compromise in our household all the time between these two sides: sweet and healthy. Video Included!
Youtube Video to Make these Along With Me!
Makes 12 Muffins
- 1 ½ c Wheat Germ
- 1 c Vanilla Almond Milk, unsweetened (Or Any Non-dairy Milk)
- ¾ c mashed bananas
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ agave nectar
- ¼ c molasses, unsulfured
- 1/4 c vegan approved chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add all the wet ingredients (includes bananas) and mix well.
- Pour into muffin liners about 3/4 full. The batter will be a bit thicker than normal but that’s because it is full of nutrients from the Wheat Germ and Whole Wheat Flour.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes. Try to resist eating them straight from the oven because the chocolate chips will be very, very hot!
I’m looking for new ideas on what to make for breakfasts. Suggestions? Please add them in the comments section below, thanks.