Times get busy and so roasted an entire fresh pumpkin from the farmers market just does not happen. In autumn we make a lot of pumpkin soup but this time around we used canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling) since it was super fast and just about the same price. It turned out super creamy, savory and filled us up for hours. (Recipe Below)
- 1 can organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 c vegetable stock (I used Better Than Bouillon Broth)
- 3/4 c Non-dairy milk (I used Silk Cashew Milk)
- Lightly olive oil spray (or instead add a few tbsp of water to reduce oil) a soup pot and turn on high. Sautee the onion and garlic for a few minutes. Cook until the onions glisten.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- If possible, transfer all the ingredients to a blender until smooth. (We just ate it slightly chunky instead but either way works just fine.)