Today I am going to share with you (upon many of requests) the recipe for lemon zucchini bread that I posted photos of on Monday. My husband and his family loves zucchini bread so I wanted to make this especially for them all. My mother-in-law specifically has a slight addiction to lemons so I found a pin from Nancy Creative and just had to make something like it, veganized. Here’s my version made vegan:
Makes one 9×5″ loaf
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp flaxseed, ground
- ½ c oil (or ½ c applesauce to reduce fat)
- 2/3 c sugar
- ½ c Almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- ½ tbsp white vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 c grated yellow zucchini (don’t peel since the nutrients are in the skin)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray oil a 9×5″ loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a small bowl mix the almond milk and the white vinegar and let it set for about 5 minutes. It should ‘curdle’ a bit so don’t worry when it looks less than appetizing. That’s a good thing.
3. In large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together.
4. Make a crater in the center of the dry ingredients and add all the wet ingredients. Mix just until smooth. (minus the zucchini shreds)
5. Add the zucchini shreds and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour into the prepared pan and place in the preheated oven.
7. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove from the oven once a toothpick poked into the bread comes out clean.
8. Chill the bread for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
9. Once chilled you can drizzle the Lemon Glaze (recipe below) all over the top. Yum!
- 1 ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of ½ lemon (if you want a super lemony glaze)
In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. Set aside until your bread has cooled for about 10 minutes.