This is a wonderful side dish to accompany just about anything. It’s so easy that even the busiest person can handle it. Not only is it easy but holds tons of protein per serving; can’t get better than this right?
1 can mock duck, drained (See note)
2 tsp olive oil
2 handfuls green beans, cut into 1″ pieces (we used wax beans because that’s what the farmer’s market had but you can use any kind)
1. Boil the green beans and enough water to cover them in a pot until tender.
2. Remove from the heat and drain. Set aside.
3. Place the oil and mock duck in a frying pan on high heat. Saute for about 3 minutes or until golden brown.
4. When the mock duck is just about done, simply toss in the green beans.
5. Saute for another minute or so until everything is heated through.
Note: Mock Duck can be found in Asian markets in the canned food aisle. It’s slightly seasoned already and can be eaten out of the can or in a dish.