Mock duck is the sure thing when you want something savory but a little bit sweet minus the unhealthy duck fat. Mock Duck can steadily be found in Asian food markets in the canned aisle section. For less than $2.00 USD, one can contains 4 servings and without a doubt a steal for the price. It obviously is a great price and will help reduce the grocery bill total which is always important. If you’ve never tried mock duck, hurry to the Asian market and buy a can, you won’t be disappointed.
2 ears of corn on the cob, cleaned
1 can mock duck, vegan
2 handfuls of fresh okra, or more
5-10 cherry tomatoes
4 pitas, tortillas, and/or large lettuce leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak the skewers in water for about 1 hour before time to BBQ.
2. Slice the mock duck into chunks, if necessary. Slice the zucchini into ¼ inch thick.
3. Wrap the corn on the cob with aluminum foil to steam on the grill. You can also leave the husks on the
4. Place the mock duck, okra, and tomatoes onto the skewers.
5. Heat the BBQ and grill everything. Make note the zucchini will take the longest so leave them for last.
6. Place the completed meal in a pita, tortilla or lettuce leaves. Enjoy!
Note: This is a perfectly simple meal within itself but if you want add some couscous, brown rice or millet as a side dish.