2 c fresh strawberries, quartered
This is a recipe that I found on the Vegan Chicks Rock Website. I’ve made cobbler before but the idea of strawberry and mango really sparked my interest. Plus, the photo of the original website is so darling you just want to make it. I made some changes to match our needs but the recipe is delicious! Here are my changes to the recipe. For the original recipe please go to the rockin’ website listed above.
1-2 c fresh mango, quartered
1/2 c white flour
1/2 c plain white sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 c plain white flour
½ c cornmeal
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tbsp baking powder
½ c vegan butter Zest of 1 Orange 1 tsp vanilla extract 1 tsp almond extract ½ c almond milk, unsweetened
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F.
2. Slice the fruit and place it in a medium sized bowl. Toss the fruit with flour, sugar, and lemon juice.
3. Place the fruit mixture into 4 individual baking dishes, ¾ full.
4. In another medium sized food processor bowl, whirl together the flour, vegan butter, cornmeal, sugar, almond milk and baking powder. It will look crumbly but do not fear.
5. Take all the crumbly goodness out of the processor and sprinkle it over the individual baking dishes.
6. Place the dishes on a cookie sheet so assure if it spills your oven won’t need a cleaning.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. It will be bubbly and smelling like a bakery in your house. Top with vegan whipping cream such as Rich’s Whipped Cream or Soy Whip.
You are seriously just going to love this recipe! It’s one of those spring recipes that you want on a nice cool night at home. Thanks Vegan Chicks Rock – you Rock! Warning you are going to easily get addicted to this recipe – to tell you the truth, my husband ate another bowl the next day for breakfast it was so good.